In the photo above I purchased a leather photo album and using terra cotta clay I started to mold the snakes, the eye and the "skin" for the cover. Once the clay is dry I used gorilla glue to glue everything in place.
In the above photo you can see I finished the front and back cover. Total there are 6 snakes the eye, the little hand on the back and the "skin".
Because the book is suppose to look like it is made of skin there has to be stitching involved to I hand stitched scar tissue and stitches using string!
There is an up close look at the stitching!
Sothe project is not yet complete I still have to paint and obviously add the pages. Stay tuned and I will update with my progress!!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad