The first thing that I decided to do was to fix the pony's hair. The hair on this thing looked like matted old carpeting. Cleaning it was not going to be an option because it was so matted so I decided to just cut it all off. I grabbed a big pair of scissors and I started to cut it all off!!
My next dilemma is what can I substitute for hair? I initially thought that I would get the doll hair and start gluing that on but that might be hard to maintain and isn't the friendliest for babies/kids cause they like to put things in their mouths. So I decided that I would use yarn. That idea to use yarn brought back the memory of my first cabbage patch doll and she had all this brown yarn for hair!!
I immediately ran over to Micheals and quickly found the yarn aisle. My first grab was just white yarn and then some colorful yarn caught my eye. I stood there and debated for awhile but decided to go with the colorful yarn. I think it might make the pony more of a fantasy, cirque du soleil kind of a thing!
Here is what I have done so far!! I am still not done with the hair I've only begun but I was so excited to share the progress so far!!
This is my main project for now so I will continue to post as I make progress on the pony!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad