Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Easy DIY Candied Popcorn!

My sister is getting married in July and was having her bridal shower over the weekend. I wanted to make something a little different for her guests to take home with them. I looked all over Pinterest and finally stumbled upon a really cute Pink popcorn recipe!!









I also thought it would be really cute to place them into little popcorn boxes that I found online at the Oriental Trading Company for a very reasonable price. The saying that I used on the popcorn boxes say 'Rob "popped" the question now Julie goes from Miss to Mrs'. Just a fun play on the words! The pink popcorn recipe is quite yummy and it looks really cute too!!

Here is what the boxes looked like tied



and what they looked like at the tables


What does the recipe call for?

Ingredients to make the popcorn:
2 bags of microwavable popcorn or whatever you like
1 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of light corn syrup
3 tbsp of Butter
1/2 tsp of baking soda
Kool Aid to your liking for color

It's really fun and a great treat that you can make for kids parties, showers or just for yourself. 
Please check out my video to see how easy it is!!




No comments:

Post a Comment