Sunday, March 23, 2014

Buying Prescription Eyeglasses: Online Buying Guide

I have been wearing eye glasses since I was about 8 years old. I always wanted a pair of glasses. I love how they look and I like to wear them. In high school I went through a phase where I didn't want to be caught dead wearing a pair of glasses. In college I was more comfotable with them but it wasn't until I graduated that I really enjoyed them. I really wanted comfort. Once I wore glasses more I felt that my eyes could breath and I had so much more comfort and that's when I wanted cute and trendy glasses.


I went to my eye doctor and I felt that the selection was sparse and it was also very expensive. My insurance only covers contacts or glasses and I want both. So I turned to the internet where I get all my answers. The first site that I liked and wanted to order from was eyebuydirect.com. 

Eyebuydirect gave me tons and tons of options as well as very fair pricing. I have purchased my first pair and they were about $35 or so and then I went back and purchased another pair as well.  How do I feel about this site? Overall, I love the selection and pricing. Shipping is quick. I have one pair of glasses that the glass has small cracks. It doesn't impair my vision but asthetically it's not pleasing.

The second company that I ordered from is Bonlook.com. This site offers very trendy and chic glasses. Most of them priced $95-115$. I really love this pair of glasses. The case that they come with are nice and it's a hard case. The quality of them is nicer then the eyebuydirect. The only issue I have with these is that they do leave a small red mark on the bridge of my nose. It's not uncomfortable when I wear them but I dont like having that mark when I take them off.

The most current is WarbyParker. I am most pleased with this company because they are willing to send you up to 5 pairs of glasses to try on. The price is $95 for most glasses. They also donate a pair of glasses for each one that is sold. Who doesnt love a company that gives back??!

Overall I would say WarbyParker has the best quality for their glasses. I really like the weight and look. They have great customer service and decent shipping. Bonlook also has great customer service and the glasses are great. They seem just tiny bit lesser quality but wonderful. I have had my glasses from eyebuydirect since 2008 and I still love wearing them.

Remember when you purchase your glasses online you have to have a current prescription. You have to have your Pupilllary Distance or PD. Your eye doc doesn't always write this down on your prescription. If you wear contacts and glasses make sure that they write out both prescriptions!

Check out my YouTube video for a more in depth review and happy shopping!!



No comments:

Post a Comment